Wantable is an online lifestyle service for women on the go that provides unique Collections (makeup, accessories, intimates) and Edits (fitness apparel and style) that are tailored to fit each customer’s tastes, wants and needs. We love the discovery shopping space and are big fans of other companies in the industry too, like Birchbox. As experts in personal shopping, we wanted to share our honest thoughts on some of the goodies that arrive at our doorstep each month!
Birchbox: February 2017
This month, Birchbox sent it’s own love-themed Valentine right to our doors with five great February samples!
Balance Me, Tinted Wonder Eye Cream
What: Cucumber seed soothes, hyaluronic acid hydrates and vitamins promote anti-aging in this light-reflecting eye cream.
How: Use your pinky to pat cream around the eyes morning and night.
Verdict: Miracle product in a tube! A light formula that effortlessly erases dark under-eye circles.
BioRepublic Skincare, Cucumber Breeze Soothing Fiber Mask
What: Fiber face mask that calms stressed skin and minimizes the look of pores and fine lines.
How: Apply to clean face. After 15-20 minutes, remove and pat in extra serum (no need to rinse).
Verdict: Very effective mask that brightens complexion and soothes dry skin.
LAQA & Co., Avo Lip Butter – Nova
What: Thanks to 12% natural avocado oil, this paraben-free lipstick offers moisture that lasts all day. Plus, the peachy nude shade works on everyone and is rich in pigment.
How: Starting at the center of your top lip, sweep outward in each direction. Repeat on bottom lip.
Verdict: Though it looked like a nice color, this lipstick arrived damaged.
Obliphica Professional, Seaberry Mask (Fine to Medium)
What: Hydrate strands from root to tip with this antioxidant-rich treatment.
How: Massage onto damp hair, leave on for 2-5 minutes, rinse. It’s lightweight enough to use daily.
Verdict: Fantastic for erasing crunchy ends and leaving hair soft and silky!
Oribe, Apres Beach Wave and Shine Spray
What: This spritz delivers beachy, texturized waves, Plus, it hydrates hair and boosts shine.
How: Spray liberally throughout hair.
Verdict: One of the few sprays on the market that keeps hair looking healthy and moisturized while also providing enviable beach waves.
Why Birchbox is awesome:
- No need to shop for travel-sized toiletries – you’re set for your next trip!
- Your purse wilundoubtedlyly get stuffed with the latest samples so you can always stay at the top of your beauty game.
- Name brand products to try before you buy.
- Great price! $10/month is easy on your pocketbook.
Things we don’t love about Birchbox:
- It’s not personalized. You fill out a quick quiz, but there’s no way of knowing if the products received really match our preferences. We wish you could tell them to stop sending us deep red lip colors!
- We have so many samples that we don’t know what to do with them!
- You get locked into a 3, 6, or 12 month subscription without the option to skip or cancel anytime.
- Repetition. You’ll receive the same brands over and over again, and sometimes even the same samples.
- Size. The samples range from nearly full size to downright tiny, allowing for only two or three uses.
- Expect a few tiny perfume samples even though you could easily get your hands on free ones at the mall.
- If you have a yearly subscription, you must email in order to cancel.
- Returns aren’t offered, so you’re stuck with the items from your box you don’t like.
- Categories include Collections: Makeup, Accessories, Intimates OR Edits: Fitness Apparel.
- Personally tailored to you. With a 32 question proprietary Like, Love, and Dislike scale, customers get exactly what they’re looking for.
- Products are full-sized.
- Keep what you love, return what you don’t. Customers can return anything they don’t like for a refund.
- It’s a discovery! Wantable sends niche brands that you might not know about, but we think you’ll love!
- Free shipping for US customers (return shipping is free, too!)
- Earn “keep all” credits for discounted Collections.
*Disclaimer: Please note that this review reflects my own personal opinions on Birchbox and Wantable, and the brands included within the subscription.