Wantable is an online lifestyle service for women on the go that provides unique Collections (makeup, accessories, intimates) and Edits (fitness apparel and style) that are tailored to fit each customer’s tastes, wants and needs. We love the discovery shopping space and are big fans of other companies in the industry too, like Ipsy. As experts in personal shopping, we wanted to share our honest thoughts on some of the goodies that arrive at our doorstep each month!
Ipsy – February 2017
This month, Ipsy sent their love in the form of five fun beauty samples for that Valentine’s (or Galentine’s) date night!
Kensie, Duo Deluxe Mini Purse Sprayer
What: Fruity top notes like peach and mandarin mix perfectly with floral rose and jasmine.
Verdict: A woody, fruity scent that doesn’t overwhelm senses, just adds a nice little touch of perfume.
Luxie Beauty, Luxie Rose Gold Blush Brush
What: Soft and fluffy bristles combined with the small domed shape make this great for dusting on highlighter.
Verdict: Ipsy brushes are always great and this one is no exception! The bristles are soft and the dome shape is perfect for applying highlighter or blush.
NYX Professional Makeup, Butter Lipstick
What: Right now this satin finish is our goldilocks texture. Glossy is too much. Matte isn’t doing the trick. But this is just right!
Verdict: These light, creamy lipsticks are a dream and the shade is perfect for a night out!
Elizabeth Mott, Whatup Beaches Matte Bronzer
What: No Oompa-Loompa orange here, just a neutral brown shade that mimics a “Yeah, I was just in St. Tropez” tan.
Verdict:Thank goodness for bronzers like these that give my skin that sun-kissed look without overwhelming my face with an organgey tint.
LAW Beauty Essentials, Nail Polish
What: These babies are 5-free so there’s no need to worry about nasty stuff.
Verdict: Cruelty-free and 5-free formula that applies smoothly and lasts for days without chipping.
Why Ipsy is awesome:
– You receive 4-5 products and many of them are full-sized!
– You can test great products you might have never tried otherwise.
– It’s a great way to try new variety of brands and beauty products.
– Great price! $10/month is easy on your pocketbook.
– The makeup bags are cute and great for storing extra makeup.
Things we don’t love about Ipsy:
– It’s not personalized. You fill out a quick quiz, but there’s no way of knowing if the products received really match our preferences.
– Clutter. We have so many drug store finds, but wish we had more high end brands.
– Too many bags! While they’re cute at first, they eventually become a bit of a nuisance.
– Returns aren’t offered so you’re stuck with any items you don’t like.
If you love Ipsy, you might like Wantable, too!
– Categories include Collections: Makeup, Accessories, Intimates OR Edits: Fitness Apparel. – Personally tailored to you. With a 32-question proprietary Like, Love, and Dislike scale, customers get exactly what they’re looking for.
– Products are always full-sized. – Keep what you love, return what you don’t. Customers can return anything they don’t like for a refund.
– It’s a discovery! Wantable sends niche brands that you might not know about, but we think you’ll love! We often send high-end brands, too!
– Free shipping for US customers (return shipping is free, too!)
– Earn “keep all” credits for discounted Collections.
*Disclaimer: Please note that this review reflects my own personal opinions on Ipsy and Wantable, and the brands included within the subscription.