Back to Jobs
The Inventory Planning Manager creates and manages sales and inventory plans from investment through allocation at the product/category/item level for Wantable Style, Fitness & Collection Businesses. The Inventory Planning Manager is responsible for ensuring that the development and management of assortment, demand and inventory plans achieve company financial goals. This position reports to the Chief Merchandising Officer.
Financial Planning – Forecasting
- Develop and build department & category level plans that support vertical strategy.
- Develop and build seasonal style plans by price tier, fit camp and recommend investment quantities and accurate flow forecasts.
- Manage the reconciliation of sub-category-to-department bottoms-up plans.
- Develop and build category/sub-category level allocation strategies.
- Create and execute sizing and packing strategies that support business unit objectives.
- Responsible for open-to-buy activities at macro/micro levels.
Plan Management – Allocation
- Manage inventory plans from investment through allocation execution, including ongoing assessments and updates.
- Ensure receipt accuracy to support in-season opportunity strategies.
- Own and approve initial inventory releases.
- Forecast in-season sales and inventory and develop strategies to maximize opportunities and mitigate risk.
- Strategize, recommend and execute in-season pricing strategies.
Business Process Management – Supply Chain Operations
- Develop monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for Basics/Replenishment managed thru demand forecasting and vendor management tools, as required.
|Required Education & Skills
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Excellent computer skills; ability to learn new software quickly.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory warehouse experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company.
- Excellent problem solving ability.
- Capacity to work well with others and direct work in a professional manner.
- Valid Driver License.
- Easily adaptable to change in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
Preferred, but not necessary
- Experience with Apple technology.
- Proficient in Google products (Drive, Gmail, Docs).