How to Host an Epic Super Bowl Party
Post by Wantable Staff
The big game is almost here. The holy grail for football lovers and food lovers alike. That’s right, it’s the Super Bowl. Many of you have been waiting and waiting for this day whether it’s been in anticipation of the game itself, the tasty food, amazing commercials, or the insanely adorable pregame Puppy Bowl – we’ll adopt them all, thank you very much (and probably leave the party looking a little like this). While the hype of the Super Bowl can be a ton of fun, it can also be a little stressful. Hosting the party itself can come with a lot of responsibility, so we’ve gathered a few ideas to help you throw your most epic (and stress-free) Super Bowl party yet.
Curate a Killer Playlist
Spoiler: we already did that part for you. Kick off the big game right by cranking this preparty playlist featuring 2019 halftime artists Maroon 5, Travis Scott and other favorites. We’ve rounded out the playlist with a little something for everybody so even *that* person (there’s always one) who always asks for the AUX cord won’t have any complaints – #winning. With jams like these, you’ll have everybody singing along into their impromptu microphone in no time.
Getting together with friends is obviously one of the highlights of a Super Bowl party, but we think picking out a fun outfit is another great way to celebrate the big game. Whether you’re team Patriots, team Rams or team snacks, it’s a chance to go all out. You can rock your favorite team gear or stick to sporty pieces to get into the game-day spirit. Either way, we suggest showing up in comfortable pieces with a little breathing room (hello, gotta have room for snacks). Speaking of snacks…
Have a Go-To Recipe Handy
Honestly, is there anything more stressful than trying to decide what to bring to a potluck party? You want to make sure it’s a crowd-pleaser, but that it’s something that won’t take up too much of your time either. We’ve rounded up two of our favorite game day recipes that are done in about 20 minutes or less (heck yes) and are sure to score some tastebud touchdowns.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar
- 1 jalapeño, sliced thinly
- Ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large nonstick pan skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy (about 8 minutes). Drain on a paper towel lined plate, then chop it.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of Parmesan into a small mound on a large baking sheet and top with one tablespoon of cheddar cheese. Carefully press the mound down with a spoon to create a flat surface and top with a jalapeno slice. Sprinkle with bacon and top with pepper.
- Bake until golden and crispy (about 12 minutes).
- Let them cool before serving.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pickle slices (pat dry with paper towels)
- Ranch dressing, for dipping (because ranch tastes good with everything)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil. In a bowl, mix bread crumbs, melted butter, dill, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Put flour in a separate bowl. In a third bowl, beat the eggs.
- Working in order, toss the dry pickles in the flour until lightly coated. Then, dip them in the eggs. Finally, toss them in the panko mixture until fully coated and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes (or until lightly browned and crispy).
- Serve with ranch.
tasty food images by: sophie lillie
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.